About the Author
Alex Winter has been a career in-house writer and video director/producer for advertising firms, publishers and government agencies.
Winter's field has always been international politics, and this has involved experience working in Europe and in Asia, though home now is on the California coast, where Winter enjoys the perspective across the ocean and across the continent.
Death Is in the Details is Winter's first novel.
Death Is in the Details is:
* set in the insider's Washington, D.C., in the historic Georgetown neighborhood, where the power-brokers live.
* centers on Marnie Wallace, a soon-to-be unemployed researcher for a private investigator who puts what she's learned to good, though perilous, use.
* features team of eccentric helpers: Julia, a reclusive, witty African-American computer whiz, Yo-Yo, an expert but unintelligible safe cracker, Jo Lee, a sexy Chinese film student turned bodyguard, and, Willy Clark, a Washington society matron who is Wallace's godmother.
* involves international intrigue and intriguing international spies as well as old-fashioned murder, mayhem, passion, and theft.
* a fresh, urbane mystery, light on gore and full of plot twists.
A short summary of some twists and turns in the road, plus an opportunity to sample. ~ more . . .
Some delectable excerpts for you to taste. ~ more . . .
Read praise heaped on by others who've read the book. ~ more . . .
How to buy this first novel by a new master of mysteries. ~ more . . .
Some images to put you in the mood. ~ more . . .
Some links to related material. ~ more . . .